The onset of baldness can be very emotional. The stress and worry of trying to figure out what you should or shouldn’t be doing to stop it or slow it down can increase stress which can in turn fuel the problem. If you are concerned about thinning hair, we have pulled together a checklist of our top 10 tips when suffering from hair loss and the best actions to take. There are solutions for thinning hair and planning your treatment carefully will have you on the right path to an effective solution.
Hair Loss Do’s and Don’ts
10. Panic about your hair loss. See a hair restoration expert for a correct diagnosis and treatment guidance.
9. Do nothing. Occasionally thinning hair is caused by factors such as a poor diet or stress and once the cause has been addressed, hair growth can resume as normal. The leading cause of hair loss and baldness is alopecia and it should be discussed with a hair restoration professional.
8. Avoid washing your hair for fear of it falling more. Washing your hair more frequently won’t make it fall out more. People who avoid washing their hair get the impression of excess loss due to the build up of hair that has been shed. Washing your hair every 2-4 days with a gentle shampoo and conditioner and rinsing in between is ideal.
7. Style your hair excessively. Using too much product on your hair may cause your scalp to become dry or inflamed and that won’t do your hair any favours.
6. Dry your hair gently. Vigorous or rough toweling of your hair may cause weak hair to snap and may damage new follicles. Be gentle when drying your hair.
5. Keep your hair short. Longer hair tends to accentuate the areas that are growing thinner. Keeping it short will help to blend it in.
4. Reduce your stress. Stress is one of the top causes of hair loss. Practicing mindfulness or going to the gym is a great way to moderate stress levels.
3. Eat well. A poor diet lacking in essential nutrients, minerals and protein starves your hair of the essentials it needs for strong growth.
2. Be careful with hair loss products. There are so many easily accessible “solutions” on the market. Before you go wasting money on the wrong type of treatment, it’s imperative that you have the cause of your loss correctly diagnosed. That’s where the hair restoration experts at DHI can help.
1. See a hair loss expert at DHI. DHI specialise in PRP hair treatment Auckland, Hairline lowering, Beard Transplant & Reconstruction. Treatment plans are tailored to individual requirements, based on sound medical knowledge and experience. DHI New Zealand have over 46 years' experience in hair restoration and guarantee natural results.
DHI are the hair restoration specialists and have over 48 years’ experience. All procedures are performed by a highly-skilled DHI Certified Doctor, certified through the London Hair Restoration Academy. You can contact a hair restoration specialist in any of our DHI clinics for hair transplant Auckland.
To book an appointment for your hair loss diagnosis, simply click on one of the buttons below to book a consultation online now or ask a question. Alternatively, you can call DHI New Zealand on (09) 887 4474.
Related Article: 6 Reasons Why People Go Bald